Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Recent Acquisitions to the Library

Part of my latest horde:
  • The Ladies of Grace Adieu by Susanna Clarke - I loved Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell so we'll see how this one goes.
  • Gatsby's Girl by Caroline Preston
  • The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig
  • The Collected Poems of W.B. Yeats by William Butler Yeats
  • The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey - Another Richard III mystery. 
  • The Post-Birthday World: A Novel by Lionel Shriver
  • The Nymphos of Rocky Flats: A Novel by Mario Acevedo - Vampires & nymphomaniacs. I couldn't pass it up. 
  • My Lush Life by Douglas McEwan - Highly recommended by my wine bar guy. I had to pick this one up at Half Price. 
  • The Complete Stories by Flannery O'Connor - I love Flannery O'Connor's short stories. 
  • E.E. Cummings: Complete Poems 1904-1962 by E. E. Cummings - I've always liked e e cummings, but lately I have become borderline obsessed. 
  • The Best of Roald Dahl by Roald Dahl
  • Roald Dahl's Book of Ghost Stories by Roald Dahl
  • Parental Advisory: Music Censorship in America by Eric Nuzum - I loved his book  The Dead Travel Fast, so I thought I would check out his earlier book on music censorship.

2 comments:

Tallulah Morehead said...

Kitty darling,

At LAST you're reading something worthwhile! My memoirs. You can just skip all those other books (Although any book about nymphos is bound to be interesting, and I speak as a World-Class Nympho myself.)

And "Wine Bar Guy" sounds like my kind of man. Wine, Bars, and Guys are my three favorite things. Have him get in touch with me, as intimately as possible.

Cheers darling!

Media Kitten said...

Hello! I can't wait to read about your adventures - I'm moving it to the top of the pile. :-)