Monday, September 29, 2008

Recent Acquisitions to the Library

My latest haul from Quality Paperback Books:

  • An Incomplete Revenge: A Maisie Dobbs Novel by Jacqueline Winspear - I love these mysteries. 
  • Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six-Word Memoirs by Writers Famous and Obscure by Rachel Fershleiser - This sounded so intriguing.
  • Monster, 1959 by David Maine - A monster from the 50's comes to life. 
  • Love Is a Mix Tape: Life and Loss, One Song at a Time by Rob Sheffield - I hear this one is a tear-jerker. 
  • Obedience: A Novel by Will Lavender - A prof tells his students that their assignment is to save the girl he's got trapped somewhere by the end of the semester.
  • The Vicious Circle: Mystery and Crime Stories by Members of the Algonquin Round Table by Otto Penzler - An anthology of mysteries from those sharp-tongued members of the Round Table.
  • Secret Lives of Great Authors: What Your Teachers Never Told You About Famous Novelists, Poets, and Playwrights by Robert Schnakenberg - I love this series of books. 
  • The Serpent's Tale by Ariana Franklin - The second in the series of medieval CSI. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I highly recommend you add 'The Book Thief' by Marcus Zusak to your library -- I think it'll be right up your alley! =)

Media Kitten said...

Excellent - that's been on my radar. I'm glad to hear you recommend it. :-)

Erin said...

I've been eyeing Love is a Mix Tape in QPB...you'll have to let me know what you think!