Tuesday, December 30, 2008

9/9 in 2009: Books I am going to read this year

For the past several years, I stopped setting reading goals for the upcoming year. This year I became intrigued by the 9/9/9 concept that's floating around LibraryThing, so I'm doing one myself. (That would be 9 categories, 9 books in each, in 2009). That makes it 81 books in 2009. Which is okay, but I really want to read 100 books this upcoming year. So I guess I will have 9/9/in 2009, plus 19 freebies to be whatever I want. That might work. Eventually I will fill in the books I am assigning to each category, or at least assign them a topic of sorts.

And of course I have a separate category list for graphic novels, cause those always get left behind.

BOOKS, Meet your 9/9/9 Categories:
  1. Books I should have read but haven't (The Classics)
  2. Books picked by Steve (and recommended by others)
  3. Collections and Anthologies (short stories and poetry)
  4. True Stories, Writing, Biographies, History...in Other Words Non-Fiction
  5. Good Intentions: Books I Own but Keep Avoiding
  6. Books Turned into Movies
  7. Books from Childhood (or that I wish had been there for me to read)
  8. Books translated into English
  9. Classic Mysteries
  • Whatever, whatever, I'll read what I want (random picks, 19 of them)
Graphic Novels, Meet your 9/9/9 Categories:
  1. Graphic Novels recommended by Jeremy and his cohorts at Titan
  2. Graphic Novels recommended by Steve
  3. Graphic Novels recommended by others
  4. Independent graphic novels
  5. Next in the Series (because I have a lot of series that I read and a lot of backlog here)
  6. It's the end of the world as I know it: Dystopias
  7. Zombies, Vampires, Vampire Slayers, and other stuff of the supernatural
  8. Men (and women) in Tights: Superheroes
  9. Adaptations of Books
  • Whatever, whatever, I'll read what I want (random picks, 19 of them)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here's one for Books Translated Into English that I think you'll enjoy as much as I did: The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.