Friday, October 13, 2006

I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer

You know, for a straight to video movie, I’ll Always Know What You Did Last Summer wasn’t half bad. I’m a horror movie junkie, and I’ll watch just about anything, especially when it comes to the month of October. I heard rumors this wasn’t as bad as you’d expect it to be, and wow, the comments were right.

What’s good about it? The plot isn’t much new, in fact it’s a carbon copy of the other two, but the movie still entertains. You don’t rent a sequel like this and expect a new plot anyway. As required of all good teen slasher pics, the deaths are splatter-ific and fairly inventive. Each kid in on the secret is tormented, so all have good time in the story. The acting is pretty decent, especially the two girl leads, Amber (Brooke Nevin) and Zoe (Torrey DeVitto). How can you not like an Angelina Jolie look-a-like who plays a rocker-chick? And hey, there’s no Jennifer Love Hewitt to annoy you. I even jumped a few times. Yeah, they were cheap scares, but effective.

What’s icky about it? Well, the ex-boyfriend is annoying and not such a good actor. Of course, he could be a good actor to annoy me so much. The whole prank gone wrong idea is good, except why wait a whole year to exact revenge, when all of your secret keepers are already there in town? Well, except for the ex-boyfriend, and you could always take care of him later. Oh, and the killer, not so good an idea. But the dispatching of the killer, way too good.

Overall, it’s worth a rental if you like teen slasher movie sequels. If you are looking for something fresh and inventive, this isn’t it.

Rating: 3 1/2 Purrs

1 comment:

Media Kitten said...

Oh it's bad, but I like bad horror movies. My standards were set pretty low for this one, and it exceeded my expectations. It's similar to Scream and of course, the other two, but there's a finale snow shredder type thing that rocks!