Thursday, July 17, 2008

Devour

I picked up Devour because I can’t help but have a super crush on Jensen Ackles. He is from Texas after all. I am so very thankful he got his role on Supernatural so he can have better character to play, because Devour, well, it sucked.

In Devour, Jake Gray (my favorite snarky demon fighting brother, Jensen) keeps having these really nasty nightmares. He’s in the woods hunting something, or sees his friends covered in blood, things like that. His two best friends decide that for his birthday they will sign him up for this weird online game called the Pathway, cause, you know, all the kids are doing it. Soon, his dreams get worse, his friends are starting to go a little but nuts, and he starts losing them one by one. Soon Jake is investigating the game with the help of the new gal in town, thinking somehow it is responsible for what is happening to his friends. Is it connected with the Devil somehow, and how is Jake connected?

It could have been an okay movie, if they had just left out the stupid game, or if they were going to have the game be a major player, make it more interesting like say, Stay Alive. Maybe tried to, I dunno, not try to mix a bunch of different ideas together like they threw darts at a dartboard. Overall the acting wasn’t atrocious, you could tell the actors were trying to do something with the poorly written dialogue they were given. The atmosphere was decent at times, I always love a woodland setting.

I can’t really recommend Devour, even though Jensen is in it. Just rent or buy Supernatural and watch that instead. Trust me.

Rating: I can’t even give it a 3 Purrs for Jensen being in it. This one has to get a Hiss. I hate to do it, but there it is.



No comments: