Sunday, July 27, 2008

Recent Acquisitions to the Library

Thanks to the pater and mater, I had a nice run at the used DVD store and Barnes & Noble for my birthday (it's Wednesday, if you are curious). Thanks to my brother and his girlfriend, I also have some Amazon love still to spend. 

DVDs
  • Catch and Release  - Yes, I know it was silly and sappy and all that, but I just had to have it.
  • Bats - Yes, that movie. My Dina Meyer crush knows no bounds.
  • The Ruins Unrated - Loved the book, movie was alright
  • Nightbreed - Gotta love Clive Barker
  • The Shining (BluRay) - I absolutely love this movie. Now I can see it in super crisp definition.
  • Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone - As much as I fought it, I love Harry Potter.
  • Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
  • Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban
  • Clash of the Titans - Ray Harryhausen - genius
  • DOA: Dead or Alive - Chicks and karate. Need I say more.
  • The Cave - Lena Headley. Piper Perabo. Slimy cave creatures. It's not The Descent, but it is too fun to pass up for 5 bucks.
  • Vampires - James Woods is such a smart ass. Plus, my pal at work used to date Sheryl Lee's cousin. 
  • The Tripper - Slasher killer in a Reagan Mask. Hee!
  • Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life - I dunno. I couldn't help it.
  • A Clockwork Orange (BluRay) - Kubrick. BluRay. How could I not?
  • Ghost World - Loved the comic. Loved the movie. Love Scar Jo.
  • Mars Attacks! -  I don't know how I never got this on DVD. So funny.
  • 30 Days of Night - So bleak. Danny Huston is pretty good, but mostly I just love vampire movies.
  • Spaced: The Complete Series - I also love Simon Pegg and Nick Frost. Pandabob got this for me. 
Books
  • The Lust Lizard of Melancholy Cove by Christopher Moore 
  • Snow Angels by Stewart O'Nan
  • New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

No comments: